Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Devil On My Shoulder

At the end of our trip we went to eat a little cantina in Gaylord. It was delicious and we were all stuffed to the gills.  Right before we hit the road my mom found an envelope in the bathroom with $800 cash inside.

Seriously? Why can I never find an envelope full of cash?

We informed the restaurant that we found some money and they said to turn it in to them. - We, of course, did not do that. We wouldn't even tell them how much.  My mom left her name and number and that was that.  Only two days went by before she got a call. The woman knew how much and what envelope it was in.  Damn...  I am glad for the lady that it fell into the hands of my honest, church-going mother and not into my evil clutches. Initially all I thought was "Tell no one! Spend it."  but that never would have been what I would have done. I probably would have done the same thing as my mother even if I didn't want to.

She kept saying "There is more good in the world than evil." and honestly I don't believe that. I wish it were true, but people are rotten. Not all people, of course, but I am pretty sure the majority are disgraceful.  Look at how this world is crumbling beneath us.  Riots, bombing, murders, terrorist threats, cheating, should I even go on? Sure, it would be great to think everyone was rooted in goodness, but I am a realist. I know this can't be true.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong on this.  I would love for someone in my life to prove to me that the good outweighs the bad. I don't watch the media so I am not bias by them, I just don't know if I truly believe people are inherently good.

No comments:

Post a Comment